Orange is one of most famous fruits in world, and it is liked by everyone. It has a very good taste and a very refreshing odour. Orange is loaded with vitamins, and the most abundant vitamin in orange is Vitamin C. These powerful vitamins protect our body against harmful elements. There are lots of benefits of orange, like it is a very good astringent for oily skin, for those who are afraid of oily skins especially during rainy seasons, applying orange juice will refresh your skin. Orange peels are also very good for skin; sun dried orange peels in powdered form can be applied on oily skin.
Other nutrition benefits of orange are that it is rich in Beta carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant guarding the health of our cells. Our brain needs folic acid for proper development which is found in Oranges. They help in maintaining blood pressure as they contain good amount of magnesium, also oranges have high potassium content which helps in maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system. The food we eat is converted into energy by thiamin found in orange.
Orange juice is an integral part of diet, however it is recommended that orange should be eaten full, as the fiber content will be lost in extracting juice. Calcium in oranges ensures strong teeth and bone.
Carotenoids in oranges act as powerful antioxidants against harmful radicals that can reduce the effect of early aging. The phytonutrients in oranges enable the nutrients to work more efficiently. Vitamin B6 in oranges enhances the processing of protein and carbohydrates in food. Vitamin B6 also supports the production of hemoglobin that carries oxygen to all parts of the body. A daily glass of orange juice can help prevent the repetition of kidney stones. The fiber in orange reduces cholesterol level in the body. The natural fruit sugar, fructose in orange controls the rising blood sugar levels after a meal. So, make sure that you have that delicious fruit as a part of your everyday diet.
Orange Juice Benefits
There are different juices which are believed to offer health benefits to the body. One good example of a well known healthy juice is orange juice. Here are just a few of the many health benefits that you may be provided with when you drink orange juice.
Orange Juice Health Benefits
1. Drinking a glass of orange juice a day can keep the doctor away. Orange juice is known to contain a high percentage of Vitamin C, which is helpful in boosting the immune system. So, you will be less likely to catch various illnesses, such as colds or the flu.
2. Various medical studies show that orange juice may help lower both cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels, which are two very common problems among middle aged men and women.
3. Orange juice is thought to be very high in antioxidants. What this means is that this yummy juice may help prevent various forms of cancer, including breast cancer and prostate cancer.
4. Fairly large amounts of potassium, which is an essential nutrient for the body, can be found in orange juice.
5. Studies have shown that orange juice can help reduce the risk of heart disease, which is because it can help improve circulation.
6. Orange juice contains Folate, which plays a major role in the reproduction of new cells and can help with the healing process.
7. Research has shown that orange juice has anti-inflammatory properties. If you experience a lot of arthritis-related pain, orange juice may really help relieve it.
8. Due to the antioxidants found in orange juice, many people believe that drinking it on a regular basis may help aid in weight loss. Of course, with all of the other health benefits that orange juice has to offer, it is probably a good note to not drink the juice simply due to weight loss reasons, as it may or may not be effective.
Drink Orange Juice in Moderation
Always remember that you do not need to drink a whole lot of orange juice in order to get these healthy benefits. In fact, since orange juice is fairly high in calories, avoid drinking too much of the stuff. Be sure to check the sugar content on the label when choosing orange juice if you really want to get the highest amount of health benefits from your orange juice and, ultimately, prevent weight gain (since high sugar levels can cause it).
Orange Juice With Pulp
It is often said that orange juice containing pulp tends to even healthier for the body, but it is an issue that is often debated. If you have a stomach condition, remember that orange juice is very acidic and for that reason, it may cause you to feel an upset stomach. Due to its acidity, orange juice can also cause tooth damage if you do not care for your teeth properly after drinking it.